Friday, July 30, 2010

6 Weeks Old

Yesterday Jonah turned 6 weeks old.  It so amazing to think that 6 weeks ago we were welcoming this precious boy into our family.  I am treasuring every moment with my little man as I am nearing my time when maternity leave will be over and I will have to return to the working world.  Though I am not sure that a stay at home mom gig is in my future, I will say that I cannot imagine working full time forever now that I am a mom. 

Jonah continues to grow quite well and at his one month checkup weight 10lbs 4 oz, up from his 8 lbs 1 oz at birth. We have moved away from most of his newborn sized clothes and are in 0-3 months and 3 months  He is very alert and has begun to interact with us.  While we have gotten smiles from him since birth, we began true purposeful smiles about two weeks ago when he was about a month old.  Jonah continues to love his pacifier, but he only wants it when its convenient for him.  In addition to loving his pacifier, Jonah loves to eat.  We have actually had to gently "regulate" his intake as he seems to think its Thanksgiving every day and that he can eat the entire turkey all by himself...6 times a day.  His eating adventures have brought us into the realm of reflux...which is definately aggravated by his over eating. 

On a much sleepier note....in the last six days he has slept through the night three times.  Though I knew that he was fine, that first night I think I woke up more confused than concerned.  At first I couldnt figure out if the clocks were right, or if he screamed his head off in dire hunger and I just hadn't heard him.  Nope, he was just snoozing :)  I am definately not one to pass up sleep so I am surely appreciating the solid hours of snoozing!

No comments:

Post a Comment