Monday, October 25, 2010

Jonah's first cold :(

I figured that sooner or later he was going to latch on to one of the many germs that I bring home.  I also figured, that even though he is such a laid back baby that when he did get sick he would respond like his daddy does to illness and have a complete melt down. I was right. 

It started Friday night, I heard a few coughs when he was laying down, nothing major and he wasn't bothered by it.  I figured he was either catching a cold or his reflux was acting up so I gave him some Pepcid.  He woke up once Friday night, a little fussy but able to go back to bed.  A few coughs Saturday morning had me thinking it was a cold coming on.  Saturday night the poor guy woke up around midnight with a super stuffy nose and coughing.  I had to break out the bulb syringe, to which my four month old bug quickly informed me was a form of torture.  He thought he was dying.  I was confident that he was not so I proceded to get the slime out of his nose.  A few squeezes on the bulb syringe, and a dose of tylenol later his sweet little nose once again was clear and back to sleep he went until the morning. 

Since I have only had to vaccuum his nose once or twice, and the cough has disappeared.  Though he is intermittently irritable for no apparent reason, and he is prefering the bottle to nursing, I am hopeful that we are on the upswing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment