Monday, August 27, 2012

We're growing by two feet!

That's right, Cannon Baby number 2 is Due in March! 

We are super excited (and albeit a little nervous too) to welcome another sweet baby into our wonderful family.  We purposely planned for a Winter baby this time, since I simply could not have another Summer baby.  Everything went as planned and we were pregnant the first month of trying! 

So far, as with the last time, this pregnancy has been a breeze.  I apparently am not made to have morning sickness or much else of the horrible things of the first trimester.  Well let me rephrase, I haven't had it perfect perse'.  But it certainly hasn't been the horror stories that you hear about.  I have definately been tired, crazy swollen (due to the heat: apparently being pregnant at any point in the summer is miserable...I thought I was ahead of the game) and my sleep has been a bit of a mess.  Other than that it's been peachy. 

I suppose that they tell you "You get bigger faster with the second" and "You will hurt a whole lot more in general with your second" all for a reason.  I popped out almost as soon as the pregnancy test was positive.  I look as big at 13 weeks as I did at 17 weeks with Jonah.  I didn't really have any aches and pains with Jonah with the exception of some hip pain with sleeping in the third trimester with Jonah.  This little one however has apparently been making itself right at home and stretching my poor hips out for more space.  I started having trouble with hip pain while sleeping about 6 weeks ago.  I also had issues with carpal tunnel much later, but I guess due to all the swelling, that to has settled in early.  Could always be worse right?

We have had several doctor's appointments thus far.  I guess it's a trade off for feeling so great.  I was seeing my endocrinologist every 3-4 months, now it's every 6 weeks.  I have seen my OB three times so far, two for ultrasounds (like it's big brother, baby measured small on first ultrasound so we had to go back), and once for a typical check up.  On the second ultrasound baby's heart rate was 174, and at my most recent check up it was 160.  Next week I'll be factoring in my nephrologist back into my life. 

As for gender, we have no idea....and for all you planners out there, well we won't be finding out until this baby's birthday as to whether we will be bringing home pink or blue.  So it's team green for now!  With Jonah, I had an early suspicion that he was girl...obviously couldn't have been more wrong.  I haven't had any strong feelings either way.  No gender dreams yet either.  I would certainly love anything we get, but I am a little partial to little boys I think. 

For now, I'll sit and patiently wait for my new birthday present...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment