Sunday, March 24, 2013

In summary....

I have been slightly MIA since my last post announcing that our little family of three was growing by two feet.  Well we have grown, and sweet little Caleb joined our family on 2/22.  More on him in the next post.  As for life since last August....

Pregnancy was simply not as simple the second time around.  I was warned repeatedly by several people but as with anything in life, you simply just don't listen to other people until you experience it for yourself.  Well I certainly experienced it for myself.  I'll leave out a lot of gory details, but basically I think I swelled twice as much with Caleb as I did with Jonah, and gained nearly twice as much weight. 

The biggest lesson learned is that is is not easy stuff to be pregnant and be the Mama of a spunky toddler.  I. WAS. TIRED.  Which in turn was largely contributory to the weight gain because when you are tired and hungry, well lets be honest, you are going for what is ever is quick and simple, and unfortunately the most calorie dense.  So I have some work to do....which is why I joined the family up for a new membership at the Woodlake gym. 

The pregnancies were very similar in that:
**Both boys preferred to sit on my right side, and neither migrated from that spot
** Both boys hated to be on the monitor
**Both had anterior placentas
** Neither affected my sleep from a purely pregnancy standpoint while I was much more congested and sick for one reason or another with Caleb
** Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel
**I delivered both boys at almost the same gestation age (Jonah at 38.5 and Caleb at 38.4) via cesarean and we were surprised with both boys.

The differences between the two pregnancies were:
*** The swelling.....for the love of pete, the swelling
***Heartburn with both but definately worse with Caleb
***Jonah was breech and Caleb was Vertex (head down) so I carried him much lower than Jonah.

Thankfully I was able to work up to two days before I delivered, which was nice but exhausting at the same time.  If I was awake after 9 pm, it was a miracle, and sitting in Jonah's chair with him for snuggles at bedtime.  F.O.R.G.E.T. I.T.  I was going to sleep.  Several nights in the midst of saying prayers, no seriously while I was literally saying prayers with Jonah, I would fall asleep and Jonah would wake me up by saying "you're not almost done yet."  Thanks for keeping me on task and focused kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment