Sunday, October 11, 2009

BIG FAT POSITIVE




BFP! BFP! BFP! Can you believe it? I almost couldn't as that tiny little pink line came into view within seconds. I started shaking and my heart started racing.

The funny thing is, I really didn't think we would get a BFP this month...our timing wasn't so great, but over the past week two things were different for me. One was being super gassy, it was sort of ridiculous :) The other was a "girlie" symptom that I will spare you from. That's it. None of the other classic symptoms, and it was a little too early to say that I had missed Aunt Flo.

I got the urge to test Friday night, two nights ago, sort of on a whim. I got a barely faint line, thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so Derek and I went to dinner. When I got home the line had dried a little darker. So I took another. Still very faint line. I posted pictures of the tests on one of the Trying to conceive message boards and received lots of "positive" feedback. I was so nervous, and wanted to tell Derek, but needed a bigger fatter line before I could believe it myself. So the next morning, I broke out my more expensive tests and sure enough within seconds I had a very legitimate pink line.

I wanted to do something cute and creative to tell Derek the news, but he woke up within minutes of the positive test, so there was no time, and I was not going to be able to keep it from him. The night before was hard enough. Poor guy was still half asleep when I approached him, positive test in hand, and held it up. His first question was "what is that?" and his second was "is that for real?" Once he believed it to be true, we both got teary eyed and hugged. It was super sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment