Monday, November 16, 2009

Bean is a movie star!

We had our second ultrasound this morning to follow up on bean's small size and the blood that was hanging out behind the placenta.  I love having ultrasounds since I have had very mild pregnancy symptoms, they allow me to have a great deal of reassurance when I can see the bean and its tiny little flicker of a heartbeat. 

Well bean did just great, measured 9 weeks 0 days (one day ahead of itself) and made up for its growth by 4 days...yay bean!!  The heart rate today was 177, up from the 145 of last visit and the blood behind the placenta is dissolving and going away!  The coolest part was when we got to see our little one wiggle on camera.  Bean's gonna have my rhythm, I can tell already!  We also saw bean wave its little arm. 

I found out today that because of my slightly elevated blood pressure, I will also be followed by a perinatologist because I am at a slightly higher risk.  Which I suppose is fine by me, as many people as we have, both here on Earth and those up above, watching over our precious cargo the better.  And, I'll get more ultrasounds along the way! 




No comments:

Post a Comment