Monday, November 2, 2009

Bean's first picture


Here are our bean's first pictures...bean is a little small (only about the size of a sweet pea) so it is hard to see much. But it is the white blobby thing in the big black circle. Oh and as far as the tech could see there is only one bean :).



Our first ultrasound was this morning. It makes it all so real once you see that white blob with a flicker of a heartbeat, something that will grow into a little rascal that you will love with all of your heart. Its truly endearing.


I went in thinking that I was 6 weeks 6 days and the bean measured 6 weeks 3 days. However, based on their calculation it should be 7 weeks 4 days, based on a date calculation that does not apply to me because I do not have perfect cycles. So the 6 week range is probably correct. Unfortunately there was a small amount of blood behind the placenta, which according to my OB is not horribly concerning (she said her level of worry was 3/10..with 10 being very worried) since the beans heart rate was 145. Though this coupled with a potentially small bean, could be worrisome, and so we will go back for a repeat ultrasound in two weeks.


None the less, I feel very blessed that we were able to see as much as we did (of course the first thing I looked for was that little flicker!). I am sure everything will check out just fine in two weeks, and can't wait to see our bean again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment