Sunday, November 29, 2009

At the end of one chapter, begins another

Time sure flies when you are having fun.  Atleast that's how the saying goes :)  We've got two weeks left in the first trimester, it's amazing to think that just 8 weeks ago we were getting our very first pink line!  All in all I have to say that this part of my pregnancy was nothing what I thought it would be.  Sure I had all the typical worries of those in their first trimester, but not much of the typical symptoms.  I had three days of queeziness when we first found out we were pregnant, and that's it!  No nausea, no running for the toilet, and no stuffing my face with food just to make it go away.  I was no stranger however, to the fatigue.  To my surprise however, I found out the the fatigue is actually related to the growth and development of the placenta not the actual baby.  Maybe since its so full of stuff that's why some cultures eat their children's placentas. Don't worry, that thing is not coming anywhere near my mouth.  I'll take a multivitamin to get what I need.

I am excited to see what else is to come for the next 29 weeks (plus or minus).  Of course I say that now, ask me again when I am complaining of not being able to sleep, heartburn, not being able to bend over to put my socks on and just all in all feeling like a beached whale.  Sounds like a ton of fun!

Here are the comparison pictures for this week and next!



No comments:

Post a Comment